Terms and conditions
1. The SowetanLIVE matric results website is published by Tiso Blackstar Group using data provided by the Department of Basic Education and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB).
2. IEB matric exam results will be published on this website at midnight on January 3 2018. National Senior Certificate exam results for all provinces except the Western Cape will be published at 6am on January 5 2018. The Western Cape results will follow at 5am on January 6 2018.
3. National Senior Certificate pupils can register on the website until January 4 2018 to create a profile that will be matched with their exam results. This facility is not available to IEB pupils.
4. One National Senior Certificate pupil who has registered on the website will be picked by Tiso Blackstar Group via a random draw to win R6,000 in cash and will be notified by email by January 10 2018. The decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Users accept that by creating a profile and linking it to an exam number that their identity will be linked to their exam results and publicly published, and therefore consent to making publicly visible their results and identity.
6. If users of this website are younger than 18 years, they warrant that their use of this website is with the express consent of their parent(s) or guardian(s), who have given them permission to register on the website and publish their exam results publicly.
7. Users registering a matric exam number on this website warrant that they are legally entitled to use that exam number and assume all liability should that not be the case.
8. These results are preliminary results and therefore, in the case of omissions, candidates must contact the school. Tiso Blackstar Group cannot be held responsible for incorrect results reported by the Department of Basic Education or the IEB.