Terms and conditions
1. The Times Media matric results web app is published by Times Media Group using data provided by the Department of Basic Education and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB).
2. IEB matric exam results will be published on this web app at midnight on December 30 2016. National Senior Certificate exam results for all provinces except the Western Cape will be published at 6am on January 5 2017. The Western Cape results will follow at 5am on January 6 2017.
3. National Senior Certificate pupils can register on the app until January 4 2017 to create a profile that will be matched with their exam results. This facility is not available to IEB pupils.
4. One National Senior Certificate pupil who has registered on the web app will be picked by Times Media via a random draw to win R6,000 in cash and will be notified by email by January 10 2017. The decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. User accept that by creating a profile and linking it to an exam number that their identity will be linked to their exam results and publicly published, and therefore consent to making publicly visible their results and identity.
6. If users of this web app are younger than 18 years, they warrant that their use of this app is with the express consent of their parent(s) or guardian(s), who have given them permission to register on the app and publish their exam results publicly.
7. Users registering a matric exam number on this app warrant that they are legally entitled to use that exam number and assume all liability should that not be the case.
8. Although every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the results, note that candidates’ results may have been omitted or inaccurately reported. The individual results obtained from the school are the final and official results.
9. Times Media Group cannot be held responsible for incorrect results reported by the Department of Basic Education or the IEB. Please confirm your results with your school or your provincial education department.
10. For queries about examination results, contact the Department of Basic Education call centre at 0800 202 933. Bursaries are available from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme for any course of study. Contact the NSFAS call centre on 08600 NSFAS (08600 67327).
11. Please note there are IEB learners who have opted not to have their results published in print or online.